Volunteer Title: Social Media Administrator (Instagram)
Hours required per week: 10-15 hours
Location: Remote working. We accept applications from people worldwide.
PLEASE NOTE: As a small Lesbian created and owned new business under a year old, we are not able to pay our volunteers. We will be forever grateful for your donation of your skills and expertise.
1. Being a key part of the Social Media Team (SoMe) and completing tasks via project management system Asana.
2. Creating weekly content plans for Instagram SoMe platform.
3. Researching and developing plans and ideas for new and original content that will appeal to the Lesflicks audience.
4. Attending regular meetings with SoMe Team to ensure deadlines are being met and to review social strategy.
5. Managing and maintaining SoMe calendar.
6. Supporting and backing up the Social Media Administrator (Twitter/Pinterest/FB etc)
7. Liaise with the Visuals Team to ensure deadlines for artwork are met in line with the content plan.
8. Create posts and stories for Instagram SoMe platform and post them at appropriate times to ensure maximum engagement.
9. Assist in other administration, communication or website tasks, where appropriate and as required.
1. Experience in managing social media platforms.
2. Experience creating and managing social media content plans.
3. Commitment to your role and responsibilities as a volunteer.
4. Commitment to communicate regularly with the Lesflicks Management and wider team and attend regular Zoom meetings.
5. Excellent command of the English language, written and oral.
6. A keen eye for detail.
7. An understanding of and be supportive of the LBTQIA+ Community.
8. Have a passion for LBTQIA+ Cinema and the arts.
9. Be happy to share social media posts to your own platforms. If you have any questions about this, please let us know.
10. Experience using Hootsuite & Asana is advantageous, but not necessary as training and resources will be provided.
1. Lesflicks commit to developing the skills of our team of volunteers. If there are other parts of the business that you would like to learn about for your own development, please let us know and we will do all we can to help you.
2. Empowering and celebrating LBTQIA+ women and womxn by helping to create and maintain a platform for their art to be shared.
3. Meeting a creative team of likeminded people to discuss LBTQIA+ cinema. We also host film clubs up and down the UK, so you will also be welcome to attend your local club and meet some of the team face to face.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy please email email@example.com with a copy of your cv or a list of your relevant skills.