Volunteer Project Manager: Film Festivals
Job Title: Volunteer Project Manager: Film Festivals
Hours required per week: 10-15 hours per week for a 4 month period
Location: Remote working. We accept applications from people worldwide.
PLEASE NOTE: As a small Lesbian created and owned new business under a year old, we are not able to pay our volunteers. We will be forever grateful for your donation of your skills and expertise.
1. Responsible for researching, watching and selecting films for the festival
2. Co-ordinate events around and including the film festival
3. Liaise and build relationships with filmmakers
4. Keep good records of film festival data
5. Change any missing film assets
6. Work with other internal departments to ensure the overall strategy is met
7. Regular attendance of team zoom meetings
8. Assist in other administration, communication or website tasks, where appropriate
1. Experience in managing events or film festivals online and in real life
2. Knowledge of and passion for LBTQIA+ Cinema and the arts
3. A self-starter with a good organisation skills
4. Experience and desire to build external business relationships
5. Commitment to your role and responsibilities as a volunteer.
6. Commitment to communicate regularly with the Lesflicks Management and wider team and attend regular Zoom meetings.
7. Excellent command of the English language, written and oral.
8. An understanding of and be supportive of the LBTQIA+ Community.
9. Experience using Hootsuite & Asana is advantageous, but not necessary as training and resources will be provided.
1. Lesflicks commit to developing the skills of our team of volunteers. If there are other parts of the business that you would like to learn about for your own development, please let us know and we will do all we can to help you.
2. Empowering and celebrating LBTQIA+ women and womxn by helping to create and maintain a platform for their art to be shared.
3. Meeting a creative team of likeminded people to discuss LBTQIA+ cinema. We also host film clubs up and down the UK, so you will also be welcome to attend your local club and meet some of the team face to face.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy please email email@example.com with a copy of your cv or a list of your relevant skills.