The Head of Education role is a new role that will focus on embedding, developing and expanding our existing programme of work with youth and young adult organisations and schools. The successful applicant will be part of a team comprising our Executive Director (full time) and ourProgramme and Volunteer Officer (full time).
They will also work alongside our Head of Community Life, which is a new role we plan to recruit this year to increase the work we do with synagogues and community organisations.
Purpose of the role
- To oversee all aspects of KeshetUK’s educational work, predominantly in schools and youth and young adult organisations. This includes reviewing and setting the strategic vision for our education programming in line with our theory of change, then developing curricula and coordinating, evaluating and leading on delivery of the programme.
- To provide line management support for the Programme and Volunteer Officer.
- To provide strategic oversight of KeshetUK’s volunteer programme and support the Programme and Volunteer Officer to deliver the volunteer programme, developing, growing and sustaining a network of volunteers to support our programme delivery.
- To strengthen relationships with schools and youth and young adult organisations, their leadership and staff and to maintain and build on existing ,develop new ones and strengthen national coverage.
- To be responsible for adapting and updating KeshetUK’s LGBT+ inclusion core training to meet the needs of youth and young adult organisations and schools.
- To work with theExecutive Director and trustees to support fundraising (applications and evaluations/reports)and strategic planning activities.