KeshetUK works with Jewish schools, youth and young adult organisations, synagogues, and wider community organisations to become more inclusive of LGBT+ people through education and training. As the only charity doing this work in the UK, we know that Jewish communities are diverse and there is no single approach that will work for everyone. KeshetUK works in partnership with communities to identify their goals, then we tailor our support so they can achieve them.
To find out more about what we have done in the last year please see our Annual Review.
The Head of Community Life is a new role that will focus on working with community organisations and synagogues to create and enhance spaces for Jewish LGBT+ people in Jewish community and religious life. The successful applicant will be part of a team comprising our Executive Director, Head of Education and Programme and Volunteer Officer. There are currently no line management responsibilities for this role, though this could change in the future.
Purpose of the role
To oversee all aspects of KeshetUK’s community-based work, predominantly in community organisations and synagogues. This includes:
- Reviewing our existing work and setting the strategic vision for our community programming in line with our theory of change, then developing programming, and coordinating, evaluating and leading on delivery of the programme to meet this vision.
- Designing, implementing, delivering and evaluating our new ‘community organisation and synagogue review and development programme’. This will comprise in-depth, systemic work enabling individual organisations to explore and set inclusion goals for Jewish LGBT+ people and their families, and then supporting them to achieve these goals.
- Developing, fundraising for and overseeing a portfolio of partnership projects to develop LGBT+ Jewish spaces, in particular working with community organisations and synagogues.
- Developing, strengthening and maintaining relationships with community organisations, synagogues and their leaders.
- Work with the Executive Director and trustees to support fundraising (applications and evaluations/reports) and strategic planning activities.
At KeshetUK, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. Please do let us know if there are any reasonable adjusts we can make for you.