Are you passionate about inspiring, uplifting and empowering LGBTQ+ youth, and to combat the high-levels of self-harm and suicide in the community? Then this is the role for you.
It Gets Better UK envisions a world where all LGBTQ+ youth are free to live equally and know their worthiness and power as individuals. We strive to tell the stories of LGBTQ+ people and to provide positive and reassuring messages to LGBTQ+ youth.
The It Gets Better Project was founded in 2010 in America. Since then, affiliated charities have been formed in 20 different countries, with It Gets Better UK having launched in October 2018.
We want to ensure that people are able to fully engage with our mission. Innovative thinking is at the heart of this and we are looking for dynamic individuals who will help shape the future and support the delivery of the organisation.
At this exciting time, as we are continuing to grow and scale our work, including recent grant income, we are looking to recruit a trustee with a strong knowledge of social media management and driving public engagement.
Where do you come in?
We are seeking candidates who bring a strong background in social media management. As social media is at the core of what we do, you’ll play a key role in helping to shape our charitable work.
What are we looking for?
- Substantial and proven experience of successfully managing, coordinating and overseeing a suite of social media channels, including moderation, overseeing paid for and organic content calendars, developing social media policies, setting and evaluating KPIs.
- Experience of developing and embedding audience focused and data driven social media strategies.
- Substantial experience of interpreting strategies into clear plans and deliverable objectives.
- Experience of creating high quality, user focused, shareable social media content in different multimedia formats.
- Experience of delivering quality customer experience across multiple social channels and an understanding of best practice user experience methodologies.
- Experience of working with and interpreting brand guidelines, organisational messaging, tone of voice and lines to take for social audiences.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Dedicated to the organisation’s cause and objectives and willing to act as the charity’s ambassador to external bodies, charities and companies.
- Skills and experience in one or more areas of non-executive governance and management e.g. strategic planning, business management, financial/accountancy, experience of Trusts or other grant giving bodies particularly fundraising and legal knowledge.
- A team-oriented approach to problem solving and to management.
What difference will you make?
In the UK 3 in 5 LGB youth self harm (4 in 5 for Trans), and 1 in 5 attempts suicide (2 in 5 for Trans). Our charity aims to inspire, empower and uplift LGBTQ+ youth through telling the stories of members of the community with the message ‘It Gets Better’.
Having launched in 2018 we’re continuing to grow and expand including recent successful grant applications. We’re therefore looking for someone to help shape the charity, including how we can continue to challenge ourselves and grow. With a strong background and understanding of social media you will help us make sure we are appropriately targeting our work, and reaching as many people as possible.
It Gets Better UK believes passionately that truly inclusive organisations lead to increased social impact. It is committed to achieving greater diversity in its board, and actively encourages applications from people from Trans, Black, Asian, and minority ethnic backgrounds, and disabled people.
We are committed to supporting individuals who have not previously been trustees, and will provide suitable training for such individuals.