The Indigo Service Manager will ensure that all activity within the service aligns with the mission and values of Indigo Gender Service. They will ensure that all patients have equitable access to the service and lead on liaising with Indigo’s various premises and delivery locations throughout Greater Manchester (GM)
Indigo Gender Service Manager
Indigo Gender Service is a collaborative approach, setting the national standard for a pioneering, localised and person centred primary care led partnership that enables trans, non-binary and gender variant people to reach their full potential.
The Indigo Service Manager will ensure that all activity within the service aligns with the mission and values of Indigo Gender Service. They will ensure that all patients have equitable access to the service and lead on liaising with Indigo’s various premises and delivery locations throughout Greater Manchester (GM).
We particularly welcome applicants who identify as Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME), trans and/or older (50+) as colleagues from these backgrounds are currently underrepresented in our organisation.
* Trans is an umbrella and inclusive term used to describe people whose gender identity differs in some way from that which they were assigned at birth; including non-binary people, people who cross dress, and those who partially or incompletely identify with their sex assigned at birth.
We are open to flexible home working if you are using gender identity services and therefore have regular appointments.
Salary: £32,702 (+10% Pension)
Special Terms: 2 years fixed term (with potential to extend subject to contract)
Accountable to: Asst. Director of Services (LGBT Foundation)
Accountable for: Care Navigator Supervisors
Your responsibilities will include:
To manage the daily operations of Indigo Gender Service
- Work with Indigo’s clinical and non-clinical leads to ensure the service is consistently performing to funder requirements and organisational KPIs.
- Ensure services are delivered to a high standard by developing, implementing and monitoring delivery plans.
- Provide oversight for the Care Navigator Programme, including budget management and line management for the Care Navigator Supervisor.
- Ensure that Indigo’s staff and volunteers have a clear sense of the organisation’s vision, priorities and delivery models.
- Ensure that all premises utilised by Indigo Gender Service are accessible and meet the needs of patients.
- Support agile working across the service and ensure that IT infrastructure meets the needs of the service and its patients.
- Oversee the staffing of Indigo’s delivery locations and helpline to ensure coverage from clinical and non-clinical staff.
Support the Clinical Director to ensure the safety of Indigo Gender Service’s patients
- Ensure that Safeguarding policies, procedures and systems are in place and reviewed regularly.
- Develop, implement and review service delivery guidelines to ensure services are delivered to the highest possible standard.
- Work with the Assistant Director of Services at LGBT Foundation to oversee the implementation of clinical governance and recommended working practices where required.
- Ensure that appropriate risk assessments have been carried out where required.
- Ensure all staff employed by Indigo have appropriate and ongoing training and have cultural competence to work with trans and non-binary people.
To lead on co-production and community involvement for Indigo Gender Service
- To ensure that Indigo is accountable to GM’s diverse trans communities.
- To facilitate the Patient Advisory Group and regular coproduction events with trans communities, including around meeting the needs of patients experiencing multiple marginalisation such as disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) trans and non-binary people.
- Support the Non-Exec Chair with Lived Experience to embed the value of lived experience at Board level and throughout Indigo Gender Service as a whole.
- To produce an annual community report and disseminate it to trans communities through a wide range of channels.
- Inspire colleagues working in health and social care and the voluntary and community sector to reflect on their service delivery and deliver inclusive services to trans and non-binary people.
- Work collaboratively with trans communities and organisations in the delivery localities, tracking the impact of the service on GM’s diverse trans communities.
To support the development of the Trans Heath Service
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with partners including the linked Gender Dysphoria Clinic (GDC) ensuring successful integration of the service across GM and nationally.
- Represent Indigo Gender Service at conferences and events, and participate in campaigns to publicise and raise awareness of the service.
- To be committed to continuing professional development, to participate in reflective practice and continuous learning, and share good practice.
Please contact us for an informal chat about this post. We understand that working for an LGBT organisation could impact on your identity, community and/or culture. If you would like to discuss this or any aspect of the role further, please contact Charlotte Cooke on 0345 3 30 30 30
Closing date: 30th September 2020 – 9am
Interviews: WC 5th October 2020 (TBC)