Position: Corporate & Partnerships Officer
Salary: £30,000 per annum, plus 5% pension contributions
Hours: Full time – this could be considered on a flexible 0.8FTE basis at the same salary for a candidate with significant demonstrable experience (5 years+)
Leave: 25 days paid annual leave (rising by 1 additional day for each year of service up to 28 days) plus 1 day around your birthday or a key LGBTQI event and days over the Christmas week
Location: Central London / Remote (the team is currently working in the office 1-2 days per week, with the option to use the office any day)
Reports to: Head of Philanthropy
Works with: Executive Director, Philanthropy Team, Operations Team
GiveOut is an award-winning international LGBTQI community foundation. We enable our community and allies to give in one place to support lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer, and intersex (LGBTQI) activism worldwide to promote equality.
Across the world, courageous activists are doing vital work to protect and improve the lives of LGBTQI people. But they lack resources and funding is fragile, especially in the Global South and East. Our global community and allies want to provide support, but it is not always easy to do so. GiveOut’s purpose is to help address this urgent need by providing a platform for our supporters to give tax efficiently in one place to fund LGBTQI human rights activism worldwide. We pool the donations we receive to provide flexible grants to LGBTQI organisations around the world, ensuring they have more of the resources they need to defend our communities, tackle inequality and campaign for lasting change.
The Corporate & Partnerships Officer will be a key member of GiveOut’s small team, implementing a vital part of our fundraising programme as we embark on an exciting new growth strategy. They will work with companies, LGBTQI corporate and industry networks, and manage a small pool of individual donors well-connected in the corporate space, the “100 Circle”. They will successfully engage, cultivate and steward these groups to generate donations in support of the LGBTQI movement, grow GiveOut’s network, and provide a top quality partnership experience for our donors.
This role is vital to the realisation of our exciting new strategy, and a successful postholder will bring experience in managing these types of relationships and have the opportunity to learn about LGBTQI human rights activism around the world, and play a key role in helping to develop the fundraising programme at this young international charity.
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of corporate donors by building and managing strong relationships with key contacts for both existing and prospective supporters, reporting back on pipeline and partner development to the Head of Philanthropy
- Build strong relationships with these partners and prospects to secure donations for the LGBTQI movement and report on the impact of their gift through grant partner successes
- Manage and grow the 100 Circle donor pool of individuals giving £100pcm who are well-networked in the corporate space to steward them effectively and work with them to build GiveOut’s corporate network
- Using information, tools and resources provided, write proposals and pitch decks
- Work with the Head of Philanthropy to identify, qualify and engage new prospects, utilising them and the Executive director to manage high level corporate donors where appropriate
- Undertake research and due diligence on prospective donors and event attendees when needed
- Play a lead role in corporate engagement and fundraising activities, such as supporting or leading on delivering events for partners, including corporate briefings and our flagship corporate event, City For LGBT+, and engage corporates on being effective LGBTQI allies, as outlined in our Pride with Purpose report
- Maintain an up-to-date database on our CRM (Donorfy)
- Represent GiveOut externally at networking events, including occasional evening work, particularly at partner-led events Including LGBTQI network events and Pride activities
- Liaising with colleagues internally, and grant partners through the Operations team, to fulfil your duties in the role of Corporate & Partnerships Officer
- Contribute to a dynamic, fun and effective organisation
- Work towards realising GiveOut’s vision, mission and values
What success look like:
- Maintaining strong relationships with existing corporate partners and 100 circle members, as well as growing corporate income and the 100 circle
- Strong networking demonstrated by the provision of new income opportunities for GiveOut
- Effective due diligence and research skills
- Strong relationship management, proposal development and pitches to bring in new income, evidenced by growth in the corporate income stream
- High quality delivery of corporate events and briefings
- An up-to-date corporate partner database
- A dynamic, fun and effective organisation that is respected and valued by supporters
Skills and experience:
- At least two years’ fundraising or relationship management experience
- Commitment to or connection with the LGBTQI community and LGBTQI rights
- Experience developing and managing relationships with either corporations or individuals,
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Highly motivated, with a strong work ethic and organisational skills
- Good working knowledge of standard Office software e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Googledocs, CRM experience desirable (Donorfy-specific training will be provided)
How to apply:
To apply for the role, please email [email protected] your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are the best fit for the role, and the name and contact details for two referees. For more information on GiveOut, please visit our website.
The deadline for applications is midnight on 29th March 2023, but interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, so please apply early to avoid disappointment. We are an equal opportunities employer.