The LGBT+ Helplines Partnership is a unique collective of LGBT+ voluntary and community organisations from across the United Kingdom that have come together in response to increased needs across LGBT+ helplines as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Supported by funding from the National Emergencies Trust, facilitated through LGBT+ Consortium, and part of a wider programme of supporting LGBT+ organisations through the pandemic, the Helpline Partnership represents a coalition of 8 helplines:
- LGBT Foundation
- The Intercom Trust
- LGBT Health and Wellbeing
- Cara Friend
- Brighton and Hove Switchboard
A Steering Group of all partners provides leadership and support to maintain an overview of the funded work, explore shared goals and future collaborative opportunities to enable LGBT+ people to have access to the best support possible.
As a result of this work, there is early discussion on establishing a longer-term network of LGBT+ Helpline and Advocacy Services.
What we are seeking
We are now seeking a consultant to run workshops which facilitate and stimulate strategic conversations in the following two key areas:
- Explore with Steering Group members the potential for a longer-term LGBT+ Helpline and Advice Services Network.
- Explore the challenges and opportunities with establishing a Network.
- Discuss the potential of future shared / collaborative helpline services
We would also like the consultant to produce a summary insight report, which captures key themes from the discussions and provides an outline of potential next steps.
What are we looking for in an External Facilitator?
We are seeking someone who can demonstrate previous experience of facilitating strategic conversations with a range of partner organisations. Skills which we will be looking for are:
- Excellent facilitation skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Ability to process complex information.
- Ability to identify common themes and trends.
- Interactive and engaging style.
- Ability to use technology to help shape the facilitated virtual sessions.
- Understanding of the context in which LGBT+ Charities operate in.
Requirements and indicative timetable.
The facilitator would be expected to:
- Plan and deliver three half day workshops. It is expected these strategic workshop conversations will be delivered virtually.
- We would envisage that each of the three workshops would be attended by the same participants, around 8-16 people per workshop.
- The scope and format of the workshops shall be agreed and signed off with the Steering Group prior to commencing any delivery.
- Informal discussions with each of the 8 steering group organisations as additional material to feed in.
- Produce a summary insight report, capturing key themes from discussions and workshops, providing an outline of potential next steps.
- Jan 2021 – Facilitator appointed.
- February 2021 – Workshop content and format agreed.
- March – April 2021 –Half day workshops held over a period of 6 weeks.
- May 2021 – Insight Report Provided.
Please note that the budget for this piece of work is a maximum of £3,500, inclusive of VAT. Downloadable version of what we are looking for is available here.
Interested parties should email email@example.com in a C.V and covering letter/email which outlines your suitability for this role, by 15th January 2021.