Family GenerAid Foundation are seeking a Treasurer to join our board.
Commitment: The board meets 3-4 times a year and it is anticipated the role will require a commitment of 2 days per year.
This is an unpaid role.
Family GenerAid Foundation is a small and new non-profit organisation limited by guarantee with a charitable status, establish in 2016, in London. We provide support and information to people affected by fertility problems or who require medical fertility techniques (e.g. IVF, Sperm or Egg donation and Surrogacy) to become parents. We are focused on advocating for equal rights to access to medical reproductive technologies and promoting standards and rights of all parties involved in any form of assisted medical reproduction.
- Commitment to the organisation
- Willingness to devote time and effort
- Vision for the group’s future
- Independent judgment
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Teamwork skills
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties and responsibilities
Key Responsibilities – TREASURER
The Treasurer’s role is to oversee the financial affairs of the group.
The Treasurer will work with the board and any paid staff or volunteers to carry out the following tasks;
- keep accurate, up-to-date financial records
- produce end-of-year accounts – or arrange for these to be completed and externally examined
- check bank statements and reconcile them with the current account book on a regular basis
- ensure that bills are paid promptly and all income is banked on a regular basis
- report regularly to the committee on the financial situation
- report to the Annual General Meeting on the end-of-year accounts
- prepare an annual budget for the committee, working with the Chair
- To ensure that the organisation complies with legislative and regulatory requirements, acting within the rules set out in its governing document.
- Directors must at all times, act in the best interest of the group, keeping its beneficiaries at the forefront of plans.
- Attempt to promote and develop the organisation in line with its mission and aims.
- Maintain sound financial management of the organisation’s resources.
- Together, the Directors must ensure the effective and efficient administration of the organisation and its resources.
- Directors may be called upon to as a counter-signatory on cheques and for any funding applications.
- Maintain confidentiality about all sensitive/confidential information.
- Use and contribute any specific knowledge or experience to help the group.
- Attend meetings regularly, making sure to read papers in advance
- Regularly attend sub-committee meetings as appropriate and endeavour to participate in some other tasks that take place outside of the regular general meetings.
How to apply
If you are interested in the role of Chair of Directors with Family GenerAid Foundation please submit a CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: July 31st
Or call for an informal chat about the role on: 07723 316 586