Job title: Digital Marketing Manager
Reports to: Head of Relationships
Hours: Part time; 0.8 FTE (28 hours)
Salary: Pro rata £25,000 per annum (£31,250 per annum full time equivalent)
Contract type: Permanent
To assist Diversity Role Models services and communication functions to create, develop and produce content and enhance digital resources for Diversity Role Models stakeholders. The post holder will develop existing digital channels; and be responsible for increasing member resources via the website and other digital and social media platforms. They will assist in responding to enquiries received via the website and digital channels, managing and moderating social media content and develop targeted communications for internal groups (directors, patrons, ambassadors, role models, volunteers, event partners, sponsors) and wider external Diversity Role Models audiences (schools, Department for Education, donors, funders, corporate entities, the wider public and communities).
Diversity Role Models (DRM) is a LGBTQ+ education and anti-bullying charity that actively seeks to embed inclusion and empathy in the next generation. Our vision is a world where everyone embraces diversity and can thrive. This will help create a world in which children and young people exhibit positive attitudes and behaviours towards their LGBTQ+ peers. Our mission is to create an education system in which every young person will know they are valued and supported, whoever they are.
We are looking for a new Digital Marketing Manager to support the delivery of a wide range of communications activity. You will work closely with our Head of Relationships and the wider team to plan, manage and coordinate a rich array of campaigns that increase the profile of our transformative services, nationwide activities and opportunities. As the charity has recently undergone a rebrand, you will be working closely with a range of stakeholders to lead the delivery of our new brand, implement a new set of visual guidelines, and support our online presence with digital assets and the website.
To succeed in this role, you should be passionate about the aims and mission of the charity. Our Digital Marketing Manager will need to be cool under pressure, organised and adept at coordinating people and projects. They will have a good insight into the latest trends in marketing, digital communications and social media. They must also be able to confidently and creatively tell people about our anti-bullying LGBTQ+ or allyship workshop and programs, the challenges they face, opportunities from volunteering/role modeling and the impact of our work.
Diversity Role Models aims to create a positive working environment for all staff, and is working towards a more diverse workforce.
We welcome applications from diverse backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from applicants who are People of colour, Black or Black mixed heritage, transgender, and disabled. As part of our commitment to increasing diversity, we ask that all candidates answer Equalities Monitoring form as part of the application process. The Equalities Monitoring form will not be visible to the hiring managers.
Marketing and Creative Communications
- Develop and integrate Diversity Role Models marketing, communications campaigns and digital comms strategy; predominantly relating to development of DRMs knowledge hub, online forum and social media campaigns to support our work.
- Work with colleagues across the organisation to plan, develop and evaluate high-quality, impactful campaigns about the organisation and our work, including, events, activities, successes, jobs etc.
- Co-ordinate the production of content across a wide range of mediums to tell our stories in new and innovative ways, in line with Diversity Role Models brand guideline and strategy.
- Producing our creative content, ensuring competing priorities are well managed within their workload and when scheduling all internal design work jobs coming from across our range of teams and services.
- Oversee the development and implementation of our brand guidelines and collaborate with colleagues to make sure that all communications, educational material and marketing is in line with our tone of voice and high in quality, and in line with brand guidelines.
- Raise the profile of our programmes and services in local and national media, managing media and crafting press releases when needed.
- As part of a wider communications strategy, report to the Head of Relationships to enhance digital communications to best connect with existing and potential partners and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Supporting the creation of advocacy, impact and fundraising materials such as reports, presentations and publications.
- Liaise with partners, clients and peers in the sector on collaborative marketing and communications campaigns.
- Conceptualize digital design (such as Social Media posts, CRM emails, digital assets, blog assets, infographics, animations, customer testimonials, campaigns etc.).
- Co-ordinate the design and delivery of organisational-wide issue-based campaigns.
- Devise campaigns to mark Diversity Role Models commemorative dates and key awareness dates throughout the year.
- Develop significant ways of profiling our inclusion projects, spotlighting queer, trans, intersex, people of colour and nurturing the voices of often marginalised LGBTQ+ or ally communities.
- Work with the leadership team and the wider Diversity Role Models staff to identify and engage key influencers, advocates, patrons, ambassadors, supporters, campaigners and policy-makers to maximise Diversity Role Model’s impact.
E-marketing and online activity
- Develop a long-term strategy to grow the performance of our digital and online channels in line with our organisational strategic plan.
- Work with our website developer partner to create and publish content on DRM’s website.
- Take oversight of our e-newsletters, working with the team to produce high quality and effective marketing for the organisation.
- Ensure all programme e-bulletins are of a consistently high standard and in line with our brand guidelines.
- Monitor the performance of our website, e-marketing and online communications putting in place measures and key performance indicators.
- Oversee our video content strategy, managing our video content and video hosting platforms: YouTube, Vimeo and our Website.
Events and campaign promotion
- Co-ordinate the promotional Diversity Role Models events, and relevant commemorative or cultural dates across the year (including Anti-bullying/Trans Awareness week, festivals, LGBT History Month, Prides, etc.)
- Work with the project leads to create and organise bespoke event material including signage, banners, printed resources.
- Manage Diversity Role Models Out Savvy/Eventbrite accounts, ensuring all information is correct and systems in place for the delivery of events.
- Organise the advertising of events and significant campaigns with demonstrable return on investment and impact monitoring.
- This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of duties. The need for flexibility is required. We are a small team and the post holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- At least 3 years’ work experience within a Marketing role
- Track record of managing social media platforms and growing reach and engagement
- Strong written communication skills, with the ability to write compelling direct marketing copy with particular attention to detail
- Proven experience developing marketing plans and campaigns
- Experience of campaign analysis and reporting
- Strong project management, multitasking, and decision-making skills
- Excellent digital skills, including confidence using tools such as Canva Pro and Adobe Graphic Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere)
- Ability to adjust course and thrive in a small team, working closely with a wide network of partners and stakeholders
- Metrics-driven marketing mind with eye for creativity
- Solid knowledge and experience of website Content Management System (CMS) (we use Umbraco), search engine optimization (SEO) and analytics tools
- Calm and resilient, comfortable handling tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, especially PowerPoint
- HTML and CSS-experienced
- Experience writing and implementing brand guidelines
- Experience of video platform management and video editing
- Experience managing volunteers
- Experience in third sector/not for profit and/or public sector
To apply, please send the following via email to: [email protected]
- 1. Your CV (max 2 sides)
- 2. Your design portfolio
- 3. Your completed DRM Equal Opportunity Monitoring Form (this will not be visible to the shortlisting panel). The Equal Opportunity Monitoring Form can be found on our website: https://www.diversityrolemodels.org/about-us/join-the-team
- 4. A cover letter which:
- a) states why you are interested in the job;
- b) states whether you have the right to work in the UK;
- c) clearly outlines using bullet points how you meet the following aspects of the person specification:
- Demonstrable experience delivering excellent creative design work to a high standard.
- Solid knowledge and experience of websites, CMS, SEO and analytics tools.
- Your experience managing successful digital marketing campaigns on social media platforms, including measuring success and reporting.
We will be interviewing for this position on a rolling basis, and will close the application date early if we’re able to. For the best chance of success please apply today.