Stonewall is a charity, formed in the UK in 1989. We are renowned for our campaigning and lobbying for LGBTQ+ rights.
We have seen major successes from this campaigning, from securing legislation which allowed same sex couples to marry, to the repeal of Section 28. Today, we continue to speak out when others can’t and to use our influence to support change for LGBTQ+ people across society.
At Stonewall, we have a fantastic team of people who value each other and want to make a difference. Together, we are committed to making life better for LGBTQ+ people.
Director of Finance and Operations
£70,000 – £85,000 (dependent on experience)
This role will work across the organisation, leading a high performing Finance and Operations team. You will lead with our organisational values and behaviours at heart, alongside helping to drive and encourage a culture within Stonewall that values respect, diversity and compassion.
- Work closely with the CEO and Trustees to advise on governance, regulatory responsibilities and financial planning for the charity.
- Ensure all financial procedures and controls are in place and adhered to.
- Alongside the CEO and the Trustees, support the charity in working towards its medium to long term strategy and drive decision-making and budgeting to support this.
- Ensure accurate and timely production of annual accounts and regular financial performance reporting, along with presentation to the Board of Trustees.
- Take the lead on improvement projects, including regular review of systems and processes.
- Manage relationships with key external stakeholders, such as the external auditors.
- Manage a team of staff that covers finance and operations, including IT and data.
You will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent), with strong leadership experience and a track record of working at board level to support overall financial management for an organisation. Experience leading areas outside of finance, such as IT and data would be highly beneficial.