Closing date 25 November. Freelance Contract 6-7 hrs weekly up to £100. Club Kali Network (CIC) is a small non-profit with a big heart supporting the LGBTQ+ BAME / South Asian community for over 25 years. Our mission is to reduce isolation through social events. We are looking for a dynamic, can do techie to provide freelance support to develop our online brand presence. Your work priorities will include growing our membership, improving our online engagement (eg, social media, website) and managing online events (set up, registration, promotion, delivery zoom/live stream, monitoring and performance evaluation). Technical skills are required to examine our existing activity analytics, improve systems & user journey and contribute to our digital strategy to improve our brand presence.
Main responsibilities include:
- Analysing performance / analytics for growth (including newsletter platform such as mailchimp and google analytics).
- Implementing creative ways to increase subscribers & social media engagement.
- Generating appropriate content; sourcing imagery, design, (eg, using canva) writing post text, tagging & building links to improve external collaborations.
- Improve profile and messaging; publishing content on different channels eg, video on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, increasing CTA Share / Like.
- Managing online events; Setting up on delivery platform, promotion, registration integration with zoom, website, facebook events, monitoring/evaluation using polls, feedback systems and linking platforms seamlessly.
- Dealing with the audience queries (on-going conversations, messages on twitter, facebook, email) in a timely professional manner with respect to polices.
Skills, Experience & Knowledge we require:
- Strong understanding, experience and/or open to learning about LGBTQ BAME experience, communities, organisations and impact of inequalities.
- Evidence of running successful online events/campaigns with social media promotion, eg, your strategies, growing reach, increasing sign-ups, & impact measures.
- Experience of generating appropriate engaging social media content for a diverse range of channels; sourcing/ editing photos, short videos for facebook, insta, youtube.
- Writing newsletters and creative/innovative contribution to content.
- Excellent communication skills in English, including writing for social media / websites.
- Multi-tasker, organised, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines.
- Scheduling & Managing online meetings eg, Zoom, Facebook Live, with smooth registrations, checks, reminders, evaluation polls and tech support.
- Collate, understand and apply performance data eg, impact of campaigns/growth on social media, website, events reach, newsletter for progress reports & development.
- Proactive, can-do, approach, open to learning and responsive to change
- Timely completion and delivery of tasks in a changing environment
- Organised planner, and able to manage competing priorities
- Non-judgemental attitude, live by and value equality and social justice.
Submit your CV with a Maximum of one A4 page cover letter outlining how you meet the above criteria (skills, experience, knowledge). Plus answers to the questions below on a second page. Please take a look at our facebook, twitter and website pages. Then answer each part of the question in one paragraph each in addition to your one page cover letter:
1) Explain the first 3 steps you would take and why to improve brand presence on our 1a) Facebook (one paragraph) b) Twitter (one paragraph) c) Website (one paragraph)
Interview Dates: 27/28 November via Zoom.
Questions? Please email: email@example.com, include your phone number if you prefer to speak to us.