Club Kali Network is a small community interest company (CIC). Our aim is to reduce isolation for BAME LGBTQ+ people and celebrate South Asian heritage through a range of activities. We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated volunteers to help develop our organisations. The areas we need help are basic book-keeping, compliance, policies development and basic finance.
We are looking for volunteers with experience in a charity/non-profit to help our organisation set up and manage systems around compliance, policies and finance. Previous experience in a Trustee role, trainee accountant, or charity sector development would be welcome.
We would like the volunteers to help us with:
- Compliance: Maintaining compliance records e.g., companies house, insurances, HR, and help build our organisation as a non-profit body e.g. by signing up to member bodies.
- Finance: Book-keeping e.g., invoicing/finance systems in order to run a smooth operation.
- HR setting up systems, forms, contracts for a range of staff e.g., temporary staff, volunteers, sessionals, freelancers etc.
- Good Practice: Making sure we meet legal obligations and good practice e.g., Data Protection and help write or identify policies and procedures as needed.
- Organisational Development: Planning and developing business plans, audits, reviews to help us in our next phase of growth.
What are you looking for in volunteers?
We are looking for volunteers who are honest, open and understand the needs of a small, long-established non-profit community interest company (CIC) supporting LGBTQ+ BAME & marginalised communities.
We need Volunteers with:
- a ‘can-do’ positive attitude and open to learning within a small team.
- experience of book-keeping and basic finance systems relevant to a small non-profit/charity or company.
- HR-admin experience to help set up systems and maintain up to date records.
- Policy writing and research to help us grow e.g., data protection, good practice, sign up to membership bodies.
- Proficient computer skills, in particular Excel, MS Word, and office systems.
- Familiarity within an HR role to write policies, contracts and ensure Data Protection.
- Experience of working within a nonprofit / charity organization in a senior role e.g., Trustee, Secretary.
- Familiarity using online/video conferencing platforms.
- Business development in the non-profit / charity sector to enable us to explore our growth, potential, and strengthen our brand.
By volunteering for Club Kali Network you:
- will be improving the lives of people from LGBTQ+ BAME communities.
- will be increasing well-being, empowering people, enabling learning and making a real difference.
- you will receive volunteer induction and training.
- the time and dedication you put in will provide you in turn with immense satisfaction, seeing relationships and communities grow, and be part of shaping our development.
Where will the volunteers be working?
When will the volunteers be working?
Min 3 hours per week or an equivalent of 1-2 days monthly