Could you be The Proud Trust’s first Chief Executive?
From small beginnings The Proud Trust has grown into a £1 million charity with 700 service users (touching the lives of 5000 young people and adults each year) and a footprint extending beyond Greater Manchester across the North West region… and now potentially beyond. The goal: to develop their reach across England.
The Proud Trust is the home of LGBT+ youth. They’re a lifesaving and life-enhancing organisation helping to empower young LGBT+ people to make positive change for themselves and their communities. Through youth groups; one-to-one support; managing the LGBT+ Centre in Manchester; training, events, and campaigns; research and resources.
The Proud Trust’s home is a purpose-built £2.4 million new build in Manchester city centre. A bold, brave and inspiring CEO will unite the collective power of young people and the organisation’s talented team to drive positive change. By strengthening the organisation’s regional and national reputation, you’ll raise the charity’s profile as the leading voice for the future of LGBT+ young people.
What will make The Proud Trust’s first CEO truly exceptional?
- Track-record in a strategic leadership role where the individual has played a significant role in growth.
- Influential and nurturing leader with the ability to galvanise a team to deliver ambitious strategic targets.
- Strong business skills; able to demonstrate ability across strategy, finance, business development, budgets, culture, and people.
- Builds meaningful relationships and successful partnerships with external agencies, relevant stakeholders, and funders.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with contagious enthusiasm and passion for the potential of LGBT+ young people.
- In-depth understanding of the challenges and issues facing LGBT+ organisations, people, and communities.
We are happy to consider candidates from a range of backgrounds and experience including charity, public and commercial sectors.
With a beautiful new Head Office building in Manchester, it is essential that The Proud Trust’s CEO has a presence in the city it calls home. We would be open to exploring both relocation and part-remote base for exceptional candidates, so please get in touch to discuss how this could work for you.
Flexible, life and family-friendly organisation
£48-58k salary with ability to appoint across the band
Permanent role; open to flexible working over 4-5 days
The Proud Trust is committed to the safeguarding of young people and vulnerable adults.
If you have the drive, energy, and passion to help realise this ambition, then we want to hear from you!
Closing date: 12pm on Friday 11th June
First round interviews to be held w/c 21st June