Cara-Friend is recruiting a new South-Eastern Regional Development Youth Officer to join our growing LGBTQI+ Youth Team working across Northern Ireland. Applications by email with CV and Cover Letter.
Cara-Friend LGBTQI+ Youth’s central mission is to provide inclusive and responsive, safe and relevant, youth services to LGBTQ+ young people across Northern Ireland.
- To deliver direct youth work to LGBTQI+ young people in the N. Ireland region through peer leadership and personal development programmes and through individual one to one support and key-working.
- To work as part of the Cara-Friend Youth Team to participate in events, training and community development activity.
- Working in partnership with key local stakeholders, to be responsible for the development of our work with LGBTQI+ people, groups and networks in the N. Ireland region; including developing capacity through supporting volunteers.
- To plan and facilitate group programmes, projects and events for and with young people.
- To deliver one to one opportunities for young people which focus on their learning and development.
- To develop and facilitate educational group work for and with young people.
- To support volunteers and sessional staff to undertake activities in N. Ireland.
- To record and evaluate the work using the appropriate methods and contribute to funding applications and reports.
- To maintain a working knowledge of our own and other organisation’s services in order to refer service users to the most appropriate opportunity.
- To raise the profile of LGBTQI+ work in the area by linking into networks and forums.
- To support LGBTQI+ people to have a voice in the area.
- To support local outreach programmes and educational group work in mainstream youth settings.
- To attend team meetings, supervision and other meetings as required.
- To carry out such other duties as agreed with the Director.
- To submit timesheets and comply with such other administrative arrangements as required.