Full-time 35 hours per week
Accountable to: Fundraising Manager (Individual & Corporate)
Location: London or Manchester service centre;
akt is currently working remotely; we are happy to consider flexible working
(some travel may be required when allowed)
Benefits: 28 days holiday, 8 Bank holidays and pension (1% contributory/7% employer)
Deadline: Monday 26th July at 10am
akt is committed to being an inclusive workplace that represents the diverse communities we serve. We actively encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from Black, POC, transgender identities and disability groups, who are currently under-represented within akt. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age. We are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, on commencement, or once in post.
This role will support the akt fundraising team to deliver excellent service to our growing number of current and prospective individual and corporate supporters to ensure strong relationships through written and verbal communication and efficient administration of donations and maintenance of the fundraising CRM. This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in starting a career in fundraising or working within the voluntary and/or LGBTQ+ sectors.
If you would like an informal chat regarding the role please contact: email@example.com
- To serve as the primary member of the team to handle queries from akt donors and supporters via phone, email and social media;
- To perform data entry into our CRM (ThankQ) to ensure data integrity in coding donations, donor information and activity;
- To prepare donor/stakeholder communication (written, verbal, online), as required;
- To help facilitate delivery of donor benefits and engagement opportunities;
- To liaise with the finance team on monthly reconciliation of income;
- To ensure effective use of Gift Aid by donors and to process claims on a regular basis;
- To represent akt at fundraising events, as needed;
- To work with volunteers as required at events and in the office;
- To ensure compliance with the Chartered Institute of Fundraising Code of Practice and the Fundraising Regulator;
- To be able to work effectively on your own and as part of a team in a fast-paced office; and
- To perform other duties as required.