for stronger lgbt+ communities
Join us for our first conversation in our new Queer Business Series, as we speak to Jamie Lowe about what LGBTQ+ people need to consider in their financial plan. He will be joined by Scott Walker to talk about the importance of making a Will and Power of Attorney if you’re LGBTQ+.
Join us for our first conversation in our new Queer Business Series, as we speak to Jamie Lowe and Scott Walker about why financial planning and succession planning is different for the LGBTQ+ community.
You will hear:
1. About Jamie, his journey as a queer person, and why he founded True Self Wealth Ltd.
2. What is financial planning?
3. Why is financial planning different for the LGBTQ+ community?
– The wealth gap caused by discrimination.
– Paying for private healthcare for transition or starting a family.
– Affording retirement in a prime queer location.
– Different family structures.
– Dealing with divorce.
– The impact of mental health issues and reduced headspace.
– The importance of making sure your life insurance and pension nominations or letter of wishes are up to date.
– What do you do when your family aren’t supportive?
4. What do LGBTQ+ individuals need to think about?
5. What do LGBTQ+ business owners need to think about?
6. The importance of making a Will and Powers of Attorney.
A bit more about Jamie
Jamie Lowe always wanted to be a financial planner. From a young age he understood that money wasn’t important, it’s what you do with it that counts. Everyone only gets a certain amount of money so everyone has to prioritise. Jamie became a financial planner in 2018 working for a company to help people with their money and work out what’s important. He felt accepted but wanted to do more for the LGBTQ+ community so he set up True Self Wealth Ltd. Financial planning is different for us, so it’s important to have an adviser who knows the differences and won’t judge their circumstances. His passion to help the community as much as possible.
A bit more about Scott
For 15 years, Scott has been helping clients to achieve peace of mind and to deal with the practicalities of death and old age. Scott has a built up a wealth of experience in Wills and Probate. He has been a consultant at Richard Nelson Solicitors since January 2022. He made the career move so that he can serve his clients flexibility by providing a safe and inclusive space. Scott’s approach is friendly and down to earth. He understands the need for sensitivity and to listen to your needs at what can be a stressful and upsetting time.
About our Queer Business Series
Our Queer Business Series is designed to bring LGBTQ+ focused organisations to our community. We will discuss topics of interest or concern to us as both individuals and as business leaders.
True Self Wealth Ltd. is an Appointed Representative of and represents only St. James’s Place Wealth Management plc (which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority) for the purpose of advising solely on the group’s wealth management products and services, more details of which are set out on the group’s website: www.sjp.co.uk/products
13th September 2022 • 11:30 am - 12:00 pm