Join our panel of experts for the latest research into the health and wellbeing of older LGBTQ+ people
Following on from last year’s inaugural event, the theme of our virtual conference in 2021 is the health and wellbeing of LGBTQ+ over-50s. This World AIDS Day, we’re bringing together expert speakers from a range of backgrounds and interests to present the latest research and policy development affecting older LGBTQ+ people.
This conference is open to anyone with an interest in these issues but is particularly relevant to those working and carrying out research in the adult health and social care sectors.
Confirmed speakers include:
• Dr Michael Brady, National Advisor for LGBT Health NHS England
• Marc Thompson, Director of The Love Tank, Co-founder of Team Prepster and Ambassador for Opening Doors – “Growing old (dis)gracefully: enjoying life & living longer with HIV”
• Dr Gemma Lewis , Senior Research Fellow & lecturer in psychiatric epidemiology, University College London – ” Is loneliness a potential cause of depression among older adults who are LGB?: findings from the ELSA study”
• Professor Ben Thomas, Research and Policy Coordinator at Opening Doors – “Healthy Ageing and the LGBTQ+ Divide: new survey findings”
• Jenny-Anne Bishop, Unique TG Network founder Committee Member, current chair and co-ordinator for Networking, Outreach and Equality & Diversity Training – “Dignified and inclusive health and social care for older gender diverse people in Wales – Results of the Trans Ageing and Care (TrAC) research project in Wales”
• Helen Belcher, Chair of Directors, TransActual – “Trans People in England – enduring the NHS”
• Laura Clarke, LGBT Consortium – speaking about recent research into bi/pansexual health and wellbeing.
Further speakers to be confirmed!
December 1 • 11:00 am - 1:00 pm