We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic volunteer to join our friendly team. In this role, you will support the team and the new chairperson.
Support will also include managing the emails and meetings and having details and knowledge of current issues.
Be able to resource support and inform others of how they can get more involved in our work.
Liaise with the team to ensure all forms of information and advice are current and up to date.
This role would suit someone who is passionate about LGBTQ issues and has a good understanding of communication with the community in both oral and written formats.
Tasks will include:
- Support communication for all the forum projects and their online events.
- Liaising with the board of Sutton LGBTQ+ Forum, on local authorities on matters that arise.
- Support ideas and projects to help us extend our reach & visibility.
- Provide communications support at Sutton LGBTQ+ Forum events.
- South London resident or someone with a strong understanding of its community and venues along with local LGBTQ issues.
- IT and social media skills including Instagram, Twitter.
- Knowledge of social media platforms.
- Punctual and well organised.
- Ability to work from home.
- Ability to work flexibly within a team.
This is an incredible learning opportunity for keen and energetic individuals who are looking for experience and wish to work in this field, not to mention a chance to work with our dynamic, innovative, and expanding forum.
Email us at: [email protected] giving us a brief description of your volunteering experience and why you would like to volunteer for the Forum.