We are looking for people who are comfortable working in a group focussed on bi- and pan- people over the age of 50 and our allies. We are looking for people to either share or support facilitation duties. No special qualifications are required but knowledge of or connection with the bi/pan community in London would be useful. Alternatively willingness to develop such knowledge and contacts would also be useful.
Since lockdown we have moved our group online, so anyone interested in this role should be comfortable facilitating meetings over Zoom, or similar conferencing apps. We hope to return to face to face meetings in the future, although we would still like to be able to invite people to participate remotely.
- attending the monthly meetings regularly, remotely from or when possible, face to face
- welcoming members and initiating group discussion/activities
- liaising with ODL staff to ensure correct listing in ODL publications
- managing the group’s Meetup listing
- researching and inviting suitable speakers and activity leaders
- raising the profile of the group in the bi/LGBTQ+ communities
- standing in for each other when another facilitator can’t attend a meeting